LIMITED ONE-YEAR PARTS AND LABOR WARRANTY
MKE warrants to the original purchaser/end user that each new cooking product is to be free from defects in material and workmanship, under normal use and service, for a period of one (1) year from the date of the invoice or fifteen (15) months from the date of the shipment from MKE factory, whichever comes first. MKE will repair or replace the defective parts by an equivalent part or a similar piece according to the conditions and rates established by MKE. Any warranty service request should first be directed to MKE customer service that will validate the warranty, issue a
pre-authorization and coordinate the service call. Please note that the serial number of 7 digits that appears on the name plate of your product
must be legible and unaltered and has to be the same shown on your original invoice.
STAINLESS STEEL FRY POTS – FG SERIE
PRORATED FRY POT WARRANTY (4 ADDITIONAL YEARS)
MKE warrants to the original purchaser/end user that each thank of a new FG series fryer is covered against leaks under normal conditions of use and adequate maintenance recommended by MKE , according to the conditions and rates established by MKE. The fryers are designed to be used with liquid oil, the appearance of usage of solid grease or if by the opinion of the manufacturer there has been an expansion of the steel demonstrating an over heat of the tank by a lack of liquid oil or any other usage judge to be inadequate will cancel all warranties on the fryer and the tank. The defective tank must be returned postage prepaid to MKE, and the manufacturer will determine if the defect falls within its responsibility and, if so, shall choose to repair or replace the thank, which will then be returned postage collect to the customer. This additional warranty does not apply to other parts or components ; either travel costs, material or labor costs required to remove and reinstall the thank must correspond to the original fryer. This number must be legible and unaltered. You must provide this number, the serial number of the fryer as well as a copy of your original invoice and all relevant information on the defects of the thank. Customer will have to pay the invoice before the shipment of the new fry pot.
• MKE First year customer pays freight only.
• Second year customer pays freight, labour and 20 % of the current fry pot list price.
• Third year customer pays freight, labour and 40 % of the current fry pot list price.
• Fourth year customer pays freight, labour and 60 % of the current fry pot list price.
• Fifth year customer pays freight, labour and 80 % of the current fry pot list price.
• After fifth year customer pays freight, labour and 100 % of the current fry pot list price.
REFRIGERATED EQUIPMENT – BL, BB, OPTR, RCTM, SUR, IMK SERIES
LIMITED ONE-YEAR PARTS AND LABOR WARRANTY:
MKE warrants to the original purchaser/end user that each new refrigeration product is to be free from defects in material and workmanship, under normal use and service, for a period of one (1) year from the date of the invoice or fifteen (15) months from the date of the shipment from MKE factory, whichever comes first. MKE will repair or replace the defective parts by an equivalent part or a similar piece according to the conditions and rates established by MKE. Any warranty service request should first be directed to MKE customer service that will validate the warranty, issue a pre-authorization and coordinate the service call. Note that the 7-digit serial number that appears on the unit must be legible and unaltered and match the one on your original invoice copy to be provided.
Warranty does not cover normal wear parts which include door gaskets, incandescent bulbs or fluorescent bulbs, glass components.Warranty does not cover issues caused by improper installation or lack of basic preventative maintenance which includes regular cleaning of condenser coils, blades of the fan or any issue relevant to an obstruction of the air inlet to compressor. Never use an extension cord, MKE will not warranty any unit that has been connected to an extension cord. The warranty does not cover improper or unstable voltage.
CUSTOM MADE STAINLESS STEEL FABRICATION
LIMITED ONE-YEAR PARTS AND LABOR WARRANTY
MKE warrants to the original purchaser/end user that each new custom made product or utility item is to be free from defects in material and workmanship, according to the conditions and rates established by MKE, for a period of one (1) year from the date the product is invoiced or fifteen (15) months from the date of shipment from MKE factory, whichever comes first. . MKE will repair or replace the defective parts by an equivalent part or a similar piece according to the conditions and rates established by MKE. Any warranty service request should first be directed to MKE customer service that will validate the warranty, issue a pre-authorization and coordinate the service call. Please note that the serial number of 7 digits that appears on the name plate of your product must be legible and unaltered and has to be the same shown on your original invoice.
THE WARRANTY DOES NOT COVERED:
- Service calls that are not related to a manufacturing defect of faulty material.
- Service calls to check the installation of the device or for instructions on its use.
- Service calls resulting from improper usage or installation or adjustment or failure to clean and/or maintain product as per recommendation of the manufacturer.
- Service calls not authorized by MKE (without first having obtained a pre-authorization number’s);
- Damage caused by substandard repairs, or repairs made by unauthorized technicians;
- Standard wear parts which include door gaskets, incandescent bulbs or fluorescent bulbs, glass components, knob, ring, pyro rock plate and similar.
- Use of non- OEM parts without manufacturer’s approval or alteration of the original equipment will void warranty.
- MKE is not responsible for the repair or replacement of failed or damaged components resulting from incorrect supply voltage, the use of extension cords, low voltage, or unstable supply voltage.
- Costs for the repair or replacement of defective parts related to gas lines, leaks, recharging of refrigerant that could be due to damage during transport or handling.
- Economic loss, profit loss, or special indirect or consequential damages, including without limitation, losses or damages arising from food or product spoilage claims whether or not on account of refrigeration failure.
- Costs related to making the appliance accessible for repair, for example, removing add-on that were not part of the appliance when it originally left the factory.
- Additional costs such as for delays caused by the customer and beyond the control of the authorized service company MKE or MKE.
- Additional costs, including but not limited to service calls outside of the repair technician’s normal working hours, weekends, holidays, tolls and charges, travelling costs beyond a 40 km radius of an authorized MKE service company, tolls, charged to reach isolated location without being annually accessible by road.
- Damage caused during freight or handling after shipment from MKE factory.
- Alteration, neglect, abuse, misuse, accident, damage during transit or installation, fire, fold, acts of God.
- The alteration of the color of the stainless steel caused by the heat is normal; therefore, it is not covered by this guarantee. Stainless steel surfaces react with aggressive agents. Surfaces should be maintained and dried immediately after use, using only a soft cloth and soap (limestone-free) water, or a cleaner specifically designed for stainless steel. High-chloride cleaners, caustic solutions, abrasive steel fiber cleaners, deposits of high-acid or chloride-containing foods, items left behind can lead to the appearance of corrosion. Also, the engravings in depth contained the protective layer of the property of the stainless steel and favor the appearance of rust. Since the maintenance, use and environment in which the unit is operated are factors beyond the control of the MKE manufacturer, corrosion of metal and stainless steel and the appearance of rust are not covered by this guarantee.
- Wooden work top It is a natural material and not passive in a location with high humidity. It is also important to prevent the surface from being in contact with excess water or liquid. The wooden worktop should be cleaned with a soft cloth lightly soaked with soapy water. When completely dried, it must be regularly covered with a coating of vegetable oil to seal it against humidity. Since maintenance and environmental moisture levels are factors beyond the control of the MKE manufacturer, alteration, deformation, and detachment of wood surfaces are not covered by this warranty.
- Before placing a service call, it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that the problem does not arise from improper installation or energy supply, improper adjustment or use, because in all these cases are not covered by this Limited Warranty and the sole and exclusive responsibility of the customer.
- Electrical and refrigeration components on all remote refrigerated equipment.
- Defects and problems caused by refrigerated equipment when operated in an environment exceeding 23°C and 50% humidity.
- Defects and problems caused by refrigerated equipment when operated in an environment exceeding 23°C and 50% humidity.
- The equipment transferred from the original purchaser/user to another customer or that is not within Canada anymore.
- The equipment from which the serial number has been removed, modified or unreadable.
- The equipment that has not been maintained properly as per the recommendation of the manufacturer, the building code, the fire department or any other regulation and local authority.
- Equipment installed in mobile units.
- Equipment damaged by causes beyond the control of MKE including, but not limited to, transport, fire, flooding, power supply changes, unauthorized third party repair MKE, vandalism, labor dispute, disaster or act of God.
- Equipment used for residential or non-commercial purposes.
- Equipment that has been connected to an extension cord, if connected to a modified or damaged power supply cords.
- MKE is not responsible for the cost to move equipment for any reason form its position of operation on the customer’s
premises to make a warranty repair.
- Devices sold “as is” are not covered by any warranty.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
- The above constitutes MKE’s sole and unique obligation under the terms of the present Limited Warranty, with regard to equipment, products and services. Regarding equipment, material, parts and accessories manufactured by third parties used or not in the manufacturing process, MKE’s sole obligation shall be to endeavour to obtain full indemnity corresponding to the manufacturer’s warranty. MKE assumes no responsibility, whether in contract, criminal, negligence or other manner, with regard to parts manufactured by third parties.
- The preceding paragraphs outline the exclusive remedy for all claims based on a breakdown or defect of the products and services sold here, whether the breakdown or defect appears before or during the warranty period and a claim, while instituted, is based on a contract, indemnity, warranty, criminal (including negligence), strict liability, implied status, Common Law or other, therefore MKE, its employees, representatives, agents, administrators and owner shall not be held liable for claims made against bodily harm or damages of any kind. All responsibility shall automatically end upon the warranty period expiration date.
- The foregoing warranties are exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties, whether oral of written, implied or statutory. No implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose shall apply. MKE does not warrant products, components or services of third parties.
- MKE shall not be liable in any manner for any default or delay in performance hereunder caused by or resulting from any contingency beyond MKE’s control, including, but not limited to governmental restrictions or restraints, freight, strike, lockouts, injunctions, fire, food, acts of God, short or reduced supply of raw materials, or discontinuance of the parts by the original part manufacturer.
- There are no other warranties, express, implied or statutory, except the present one effective September 1, 2019, for any device purchased as of that date which takes precedence over any other document, including any MKE information circulating freely. These warranties are exclusive in lieu of any other warranty. There is no warranty that exceeds the description herein.
- There is no liability of MKE for any material, bodily injury, risks and dangers incurred by a user who does not have the skills, judgment, ability and knowledge to safely use / operate a MKE manufacturing equipment, including for the risk of death.
- There is no liability of MKE for the alteration or absence of the instruction and data sheets affixed to an appliance after it has been shipped from the MKE factory.
- MKE’s only obligation under this warranty is limited to either repair or replacement of parts, subject to the additional limitations of the present.
- This warranty does not assume or authorizes any person to assume any obligations other than those expressly covered by this warranty.
- This warranty does not apply outside Canada, MKE is not responsible for any warranty claims made on products sold or used outside Canada.
COMMERCIAL USE ONLY
MKE equipment are conceived for commercial use only. MKE assumes no liability and will not warranty any equipment for parts or labor coverage for component failure, factory defect, any other material or corporal damages resulting of the installation or usage of the unit in non–commercial foodservice or residential applications including the danger of death. assumes no liability and will not warranty any equipment for parts or labor coverage for component failure, factory defect or any other damages for units installed in non–commercial foodservice or residential applications.
PROCEDURE DURING THE TIME OF WARRANTY
It is the client’s responsibility to ensure the problem does not stem from improper installation, adjustment or use, given that in all these cases any expenses incurred shall not be covered by the Limited Warranty, and shall be the customer’s sole responsibility.
The Customer must first obtain a service number authorization by the Customer service of MKE in order to obtain a dispatch from an authorized service company; of this condition is not respected, MKE reserve the right to refuse any claim.
HOW TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE
1 – Make a request by email, by fax or telephone, in order to inform MKE about the equipment, the nature of the problem and provide proof of purchase and date of installation;
2 – MKE will verify whether the warranty period is still in effect;
3 – MKE will communicate with an authorized service representative to make the necessary arrangements to schedule a repair:
4 – This authorization shall be provided subject to all conditions being met and the nature of the defect falling under the responsibility of MKE, at their sole discretion;
5 – The defective parts, proof of purchase and installation date must be forward postage prepaid to Customers Services;
6 – The customer shall cooperate with the authorized MKE service agent to ensure that the repair can be made during the agent’s normal business hours; otherwise the extra charges will be invoiced to the customer.
For equipment, products and services sold in Canada, the present Limited Warranty shall be governed by the laws in effect in the province of Quebec, Canada. The United Nations Convention on contracts for the International. Sale of Goods is hereby excluded in its entirely form application to this Limited Warranty.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
- This price list supersedes all previous price lists; all orders are accepted as per the prices in CAD dollar, as per the program
and taxes in effect at the time of shipping.
- All the prices are subject to change without notice and does not includes the taxes.
- COD or net 30 days on approval our credit department.
- Invoices are payable to Candiac (Quebec) in CAD dollar.
- All claims regarding invoices must be presented within 10 days from the original date of shipment;
- Deductions for service repairs, promotional activities approved by MKE cannot be deducted from invoice payments.
MKE will issue a check or a credit note to pay for the financed activity.
A 24% per annum interest will be charged on all overdue accounts on a monthly basis. Furthermore, purchases will not entitle to any remittance. Unless otherwise specified, all account are payable immediately, without MKE having to undertake any measure, in the event of an (i) insolvency procedure, sequestration or bankruptcy regarding a distributor of the distributor; or (ii) a transfer of more than 20% of the holding of a distributor, including a merger or a regrouping of companies; or (iii) the liquidation or the suspension of normal activities of a distributor; or (iv) activities of the distributor in MKE’s opinion, affect negatively the normal course of activities of the distributor.
MKE will not be held responsible for a delay in the delivery of an order. All additional accessories and parts listed in the price list are considered as repair parts unless the have been ordered with the original equipment.
RETURN OF EQUIPMENT
Any request for return must be made in writing to the Customer Service Department within 10 days of the original date of expedition. The MKE Customer Service will issue an authorization number accompanied by the conditions of return including the return of the equipment paid by the customer, returned in the original packaging, new, complete with its accessories and free from any damage, and subject to a 25% return fee. All cost incurred for reconditioning will be deducted from the net credit to be issue.
RETURN OF STANDARD EQUIPMENT WITH OPTIONS/CUSTOM-MADE PRODUCTS :
No return possible for standard equipment sold with options and custom manufacturing equipment.
STANDARD EQUIPMENT (WITHOUT OPTION)
25% administration fees shall apply to any order cancellation of standard equipment (order without option).
STANDARD EQUIPMENT WITH OPTIONS AND CUSTOM-MADE PRODUCTS
25% fee cancellation will apply to any cancellation of standard equipment ordered with option, which has not yet been processed at the factory at the time of receiving the written request of the customer for this purpose. When the order is being processed, no cancellation will be allowed and there is a 100% cancellation fee and will be invoiced to the customer.
100% cancellation fee will apply and be invoiced to the customer.